Friday, September 14, 2012

The Moore's ate S'Moores

We had a little trip planned to Pine Lakes Lodge and invited some extended family to come along with us. It was a little odd because the trip was Mon-Wed, but I figured it would be nice to have the weekend to pack and relax and then a little getaway at the beginning of the week. The drive down went really smooth (which I was nervous about since it was the first long car trip since Carson was potty trained). We arrived at the lodge and immediately felt a sense of cum-by-yah as we were surrounded by beautiful hill tops and camels? true story.
ahhhhh.....stunning right? Monday was really fun! Carson went fishing with his new disney pole and caught more fish than anyone!
Cutest little fisherman if I must say so myself!! He then proceeded to tell us that he has seven girlfriends!!! Not sure how he has time for that....but apparently he's been pimpin in the sandbox or something. Crazy kid! Ok where were we.....next we taught him how to roast marshmellows!
He asked for a chair....apparently roasting marshmallows is hard work! And then we stuck to the clean eating diet shoved a bunch of S'mores down our throats because....after all..that is the name of this blog! Then.....an epic event happened! I invented something. Yes...moi...after 5 years of engineering school and about a billion dollars in loans, I finally put my degree to good use. I believe this invention could turn me into a Pinterest celebrity/goddess! It's called the Cookie Dough Crack S'More! And you my friends....will be in on the secret first! I'll even give the "how to"

 Ingredients
- 1 tube of chocolate chip cookie dough (disclaimer..consuming raw cookie dough can be bad)
-2 graham crackers
-2 Marshmallows
- Square of Hersheys chocolate (optional)

So the first thing you do is break off a piece of the chocolate chip cookie dough and roll it into a ball. It helps if the cookie dough is cold. Next Put one of the marshmallows on the roasting stick, followed by ball O' cookie dough, followed by another marshmallow. Basically a marshmallow cookie dough sandwich...are you following? Confused? See exhibit A
Okey dokey? Here's the hard part...making sure the cookie dough doesn't fall off into the fire. It helps if you start out with cold cookie dough, and also perfect ball rolling skills too. (Remember the protein balls? I'm pretty skilled at making balls....just sayin). Roast the marshmallow/cookie dough to perfection. Then sandwich the ooey-gooey mess between two graham crackers! And inhale about 6 more savor every last bite! Tah Dah!

After I called the attorney to submit my patent...we all sat around the campfire enjoying good company. Tuesday was fun...(sort of!). Murph (from Murphy's law...were close now..I can call him "Murph") decided to follow me down to Salesville, Ohio to my nice little family trip. Insert multiple runs back and forth to the ER (not going into details)...and move on to Tuesday evening. We grilled out and enjoyed some more marshmallow roasting (can you see where my clean eating went to hell at this point?). The sunset was a beautiful splash of red and yellows splattered amongst the hilltops (& camels) and the evening was absolutely perfect. Brandon and Rachel (Travis's brother and g/f) disappeared with their dog Alpine. We were all sort of wondering where they went...and when they returned, Rachel had a sparkly diamond perched on her left ring finger!
That was definitely a memorable highlight of the trip. Wednesday morning we enjoyed a calorie free wonderful breakfast made by the Amish people. Does that sound bad?...even if it sounds bad...it tasted delicious. Those Amish can make some salad bacon and homemade jam if I do say so myself. Something about when they put that little hat on...it just makes everything taste better.
 Ok..that sounds bad! 

Wednesday we had a nice little drive home, followed by a laundry explosion.  And if you think Murph couldn't find his way back from Salesville, Ohio...guess again. He wanted to prove to me that he has a good sense of direction by meeting me in the local Costco parking lot. See Below.
Splat!! that's where they got the saying about "crying over spilled milk"...or breastfeeding (those of you who know what I'm talking about...sorry...it sucks!)

Oh...and a follow up to the protein balls? I made them again following the recipe to the T.....and here she is
Perfection! I perfected making balls! Go me!


 




No comments:

Post a Comment