Thursday, September 6, 2012

Murphy hates me

I've mentioned my aforementioned love affair with Murphy's law before (insert sarcasm). Somehow I pissed off Murphy in a previous life because he haunts me daily.  For those of you who aren't familiar (consider yourself lucky)

Murphy's law- anything that can go wrong will go wrong

I cite examples to my mom and best friend on a daily basis, so they are fully aware of the catastrophes. But I decided to open up to the rest of the world about this problem, so everyone else gets an idea of why I kick kittens and pull little girls pig tails  seem flustered from time to time (like everyday).

Example 1: we had two packs of meat in the fridge...one was expired and one was still good. I told Travis I was going to cook up the meat and make some tacos. I look on the counter and see a pack of meat sitting there and just assume Travis set out the good meat for me. So I start cooking the meat and adding all kinds of yummy spices. I get almost done cooking the meat and I'm not sure what possessed me to look at the package again, but I notice I've just spent a half hour cooking the expired meat!!! So now I have to throw it all away, wash the cookware, and eat snickers ice cream for dinner start cooking the meat all over again. Either my husband was trying to kill me (I do have a decent life insurance policy) or Murphy was out to get me again.

This is just one small snippet example of what my whole day looks like. If you read the Cleveland clinic story, you know what I'm talking about. My life is full of dropping, spilling, traffic jams, eggs splatting  on the driveway, forgetting, rain on wedding day isn't it ironic? The thing is, I'm not all that great at handling these things because I'm a control freak. I like everything to go as planned and conversely I plan everything. I'm starting to get the feeling Murphy doesn't like planners. Or maybe God is just trying to tell me to slow down and live a little? Lately when I get frustrated I try to ask myself "will this matter in 2 weeks?" surely having to re-cook ground beef won't make a difference in my life in 2 weeks. (however getting mad cow disease might...haha). But even when I try to go with the flow, in the back of my mind I'm thinking...I must be nĂºmero UNO on Murphy's hit list.

No comments:

Post a Comment