Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Good, Bad, & Ugly of 2012

It's always fun to look back and recap at the end of something old, and the beginning of something new. What better time to reminisce and look back at the end of a year (which seem to be stuck on "fast-forward" these days...they seem to fly by!) So here is the S'Moore version of the good, bad & ugly of 2012

The Good-
1) Our Family trip to Hilton Head in May. It's the first time we've ever road-tripped as a family of 4. Macie was only 4 months old, but we had a blast and really felt a sense of freedom for the first time since she was born.






















2) Discovering Memphis Kiddie Park! I was so nervous that Carson would scream and hate it, but it was quite the opposite! The face says it all!




 3) Our Cabin trip- Brandon & Rachel getting engaged and Carson catching his first fish. Plus...who doesn't love s'moores?


4) Randomly purchasing a gi-normous generator (see more on that during the bad & ugly section)

5) Strengthening my relationship with God and continuing the work in progress to not use foul language

6) Getting the experience to spend quality time with my friend during her last few days on this Earth. It was truly one of the most beautiful experiences in my life.

7) Everyone in the family getting passports- you are now free to move outside the country :) Yahooo!

 8) Learning to eat clean and losing the rest of the baby weight (plus some) and fitting back into my wedding dress :) 


The Bad

1) Getting pulled over in the first 3 hours of our 13 hour road trip to Hilton Head. Silly me had already thought of exactly what I was going to say if I got pulled over (premonition?) and it worked! I drove off with a warning. (p.s. I'm not sharing my secret of how I got off :)

2) The dishwasher fiasco........yikes

3) Hurricane Sandy/ Frankenstorm and losing power for 4 days. Not fun with 2 kids/babies. Mom was stuck in Thailand and her basement was filled with 6 inches of water. No fun at all!

4) Spending an entire day at Metro with a family member who was injured. I hate seeing anyone I care about sick/injured. It still makes my stomach hurt to think about it.....oh and Travis was 3.5 hours away (hunting) with no cell signal during the whole fiasco.

5) Getting a bunch of money stolen from us :(.... But I am all about forgiving

Matthew 6:14-15

For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.  But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.


The Ugly
 1) Breaking into Drug Mart to get extension cords during Frankenstorm (power outtage) only to find out that the store was opening in 15 minutes....whoops

2) After a rough weekend, missing my work exit by 3 (THREE) exits and having to be late. Try explaining that one to the chief.....who doesn't notice after the first 2 exits went by? I was pretty much in downtown Cleveland trying to go to Berea! Clearly my mind was in other places.
3)  Brandon Weeden- what a let down!
4) Travis and I getting the stomach flu at the exact same time. I'm still cleaning puke off the walls....thankfully my Mom came to the rescue to help with the chitlens!


I think that pretty much sums up the good, bad, & ugly for 2012! Historically, I tend to have better odd years. I'm looking forward to a bright and shiny 2013 and all it has to offer. I'm blessed in so many ways...healthy children, happy marriage, awesome family, a loving church etc. etc. I'm looking forward to living 2013 a little more frugaly (is that a word?...it is now!) and being able to give a little more. There will be more on that coming up. I'm also hoping to get a little less connected and a little more dis-connected. Confused? Yeah so am I! I'm contemplating removing all my apps from my phone for the month of January in order to dis-connect from the electronic/social media world for a bit. I wanted to shut my phone off completely for January 2013, but I don't think its safe with no land line and having little ones at home. So for right now...I'm thinking of just getting rid of all apps for a month. You bet I'm like a crack addict in a dark alley trying to get all my apping (I think I just made up another word) in while I can. See? There needs to be an intervention. Merry Christmas ya'll and please share your good, bad and ugly of 2012!





















No comments:

Post a Comment